Voxy, VoiceXML Integration For Asterisk

Written by on October 31, 2006 in VoiceXML - 6 Comments

Voxy – the only way to integrate VoiceXML applications in Asterisk. Configure your dial plan with the URL of your VoiceXML application and it’s done. The architecture of Voxy is very simple, basically it will be an EAGI script that connect to the voice application and get VoiceXML in return. It will then translate it in AGI (Asterisk Gateway Interface) commands and send those to Asterisk.
voxy.png
To read the VoiceXML, Voxy will use its own VoiceXML Browser helped with Xerces (XML parsing) and Curl (download of prompts). The Eagi class will take care of issuing the AGI commands and received information from Asterisk. Voxy class is the main class that will be in fact the EAGI script. Voxy project is open source released under GPL license.
Download Voxy 1.0 Source from sourceforge.

6 Comments on "Voxy, VoiceXML Integration For Asterisk"

1. Anonymous November 2, 2006 at 5:48 am · Reply

Off Topic but…
    Your security code mechanism on your contact page seems NOT to be working.
    Thanks

2. Hatem November 2, 2006 at 5:57 am · Reply

@Anonymous ctrl+F5 your browser probably caching the security image. We receive hundreds of emails daily, but I’ll check it again anyway. Thank you.

3. iso671 February 15, 2007 at 7:35 am · Reply

There’s another Voice Browser fully integrated with Asterisk called VXIasterisk from I6NET at http://products.i6net.com
    It runs will Asterisk 1.2 / 1.4 support different Text-to-Speech and allows to access to video contents.

4. naosalem May 16, 2007 at 10:00 pm · Reply

Hi ,
    I’m interested to integrate a voicexml application on asterisk but I don’t right way to do it,I really need apush so could you please help me

5. pramod April 4, 2009 at 7:18 am · Reply

HI,
    I am Pramod.I have integrated voicexml with asterisk.Now i am looking forward to connect a database.Here i have used perl script file as medium which connects to database.Here my voicexml file is not connecting to the perl script.I have given permissions in perl file.Here i am getting errors while i am submitting the script file.Here is my submit syntax:
    Error:
    Apr 4 11:31:52.54|-1897940080|76|CRITICAL|com.speechworks.vxi|205|VXIinterpreterRun: Failed to parse the URI’s content. Make sure that this document consists of valid VXML.|URL=employee.agi
    Apr 4 11:31:52.54|-1897940080|76|EVENT|2|content=Error: error.badfetch , employee.agi
    Can u solve this problem.Its urgent.Please.

6. Hatem April 4, 2009 at 7:26 am · Reply

Pramod, voicexml document should be formatted as a valid xml document ! Be sure that your perl script is actually generating valid xml.
    If your xml is valid, try to send xml header for your content-type from perl.